Monday, April 11, 2011

weekend harvest

Saturday morning we took a stroll in the garden to have our "general inspection" and harvest a few things for lunch.

Saturday lunch harvest

The carrot and green garlics were sautéed with cabbage and the chives went into scrambled eggs.  The a-choy ended up in the fridge.

Peas

We also harvested some peas for the vegetable sautéed.  These were snap peas, but the pods were too old to be edible so we just ate the peas inside.

These are the few things we have been able to harvest from the garden since late winter.  Frankly, I am getting tired of the peas.  I can't wait for the summer to bring all the different colors and flavors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive carrot! I hope mine grow this year!

Daphne Gould said...

lol I can't wait to get my peas. I can't wait for the spring veggies to start. But I'll get there too and get tired of greens and peas.

Sherry said...

Thank you, Katrina!

**********

Daphne, we didn't really grow greens in the winter/early spring... so all we have are peas. The asian greens you transplanted look really nice!